Then we briefly talked about problem #7 from the homework - please go back and complete the rest of #7 if you struggled with it.
Our lesson (pdf) today was about writing equivalent algebraic equations. We also talked about the three different forms of a linear equation (slope-intercept, point-slope and standard form) and the easiest way to graph an equation in each of those forms.
Your homework for tonight is:
- Check the portal for the results of your assessment, fill out your student checklist with your results, and make a plan for re-assessing (if necessary), including making an appointment.
- Finish Step 3 on page 2 of the lesson (pdf). Then read through page 3 of the lesson. We'll talk about it tomorrow, but please make sure you've read through it once.
- A reminder that your parent/teacher conference reflection is due by Friday. See Monday's post for all the details.
- Read about our next Skype session and submit your questions no later than Monday, October 18th.
- Watch the Writing Linear Equations in Point-Slope Form video. Make sure you understand everything and write down the self-check problems in your notebook. Please come get some help if you do not understand.