Your homework (yes, really) is:
- Second semester Algebra keeps building on what we’ve done first semester, so it’s important that you go back and review any problems you missed on the final exam to try to master the concepts. Check the portal for a list of the problems you missed on the final exam. Download the Final Exam Correction Mapping (pdf), find those problems in the first column, then work the associated problem(s) from your textbook listed in the second column. These are not due until Friday, January 7, 2011 (this will be your first graded assignment of the second semester), but I recommend that you complete them sometime over break. This will not take you very long, but it's critical that you take charge of your own learning and continue working on the areas you are still struggling with.
- Right now you all are in my second semester Algebra class. If your schedule should change, however, please bring your textbook to me as soon as possible.
- If you need to, organize your notebook. Again, you can't simply forget and move on from first semester, we keep building, so it's important to be able to refer back to your notes and assessments from first semester. If your notebook is getting full, then make sure you have a new 3-ring binder ready to start second semester (but keep first semester's handy for reference). If your notebook is, well, not much of a notebook, then start fresh second semester and do a better job.
- This is optional, but I would really appreciate it if you would fill out this evaluation of me. It won't take long, and it will give me some valuable feedback. I modified the questions from the ones that went along with the article What Works in the Classroom? Ask the Students.
- Our Quarters for Kiva total is $71.41. You can still bring any spare change to me the rest of the week - just drop by my office.
- Finally, make sure you relax, enjoy your time with family and friends, and be thankful for all that you have.