Today's lesson (pdf). looked at properties of exponents involving zero and negative exponents, as well as a depreciation example and an exponential look at caffeine.
Your homework for Wednesday is:
- Check the portal for the results of your assessment, fill out your student checklist with your results, and make a plan for retake (if necessary), including making an appointment.
- Finish step 3 of the Caffeine Elimination Worksheet (lesson, pdf).
- Complete the Define and Use Zero and Negative Exponents Online Pre-Assessment.
- Prepare for the Exponent Properties Involving Quotients Assessment on Wednesday. There are a variety of ways to do that including, but not limited to: review the online pre-assessment; review your notebook and/or the openers and lessons posted on the blog; review the video, work some practice problems in your textbook or that you find online. You can, of course, also get help from me, another math teacher, a teacher in the Study Center, a peer tutor in the Study Center, or a parent, sibling or friend. Do whatever works best for you, but make sure you're prepared. The expectation is that you should all be able to do very well on this assessment.
- Watch (including completing the Guided Practice and Self-Check sections) the Scientific Notation video.