Note: If you're having trouble opening the pdf's, it may be a security setting in your browser or add-on browser toolbar. See if it will let you allow pop-ups from this site and that might help. Also try refreshing your browser if it's simply not loading. If neither of those work, try right-clicking on any pdf link, choosing "Save target/link as", and then saving it to your desktop. Then navigate to your desktop and double-click on the pdf to open it. That should work for everyone even if they can't get their browser to open the pdf.
Tonight's homework is:
- Finish steps 15 and 16 on page 3 of the lesson (pdf).
- In 2005 Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France for a record seventh time. Over the course of the race, his mean (average) speed was 41.7 km/h.
a) Find his mean (average) speed in ft/sec.
b) It took him 86 hours, 15 minutes and 2 seconds to complete the Tour de France. How many feet did he go?
If you're interested in cycling, then you might be interested in these videos - The Science of Cycling (part 1, part 2, part 3).
- Don't forget that Wednesday is a late start day. Class begins at 9:21 am, but please make every attempt to be there early (9:15 would be great) since we need to get started right away with our Skype session with Professor Garibaldi (since he has a class that begins at 9:45). If you don't get there early, please come in very quietly. Please remember you are not only representing yourself, but Arapahoe. Thanks.
- Check. Your. Google. Apps. Email. (Handy link.)
- If you need help with direct and inverse variation, dimensional analysis, or solving one-step equations, please come in and get some help.